
While Cooper and I were waiting by the fountain for Mark he asked if he could get in and get some of the money in there. I told him no, that the money in there was people's wishes. I explained to him about making a wish and throwing a penny over your shoulder. He asked if I had any money he could make a wish with. I dug around in my wallet and came up with a penny and gave it to him and listened to what he would wish for (I was curious to see what he would wish for so I didn't tell him the part about wishes being secret). I was fully expecting him to throw his penny with some sort of Star Wars toy request but to my surprise (and delight) I instead heard "I wish I could be Heavenly Father's helper." Some moments are treasures.

4 comments:
sweetest thing ever. what a good boy you have!
Oh, I love that. What a cute, sweet boy that Cooper is.
What a great wish! And by golly he is just that- Heavenly Father's helper! He is helping me keep faith in the future of our next generation - thanks Cooperman! What a great story! You never know when those little nuggets will pop out, do ya?
Love -
California Granny
That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Good thing you wrote it down, that'll be something to remember for sure.
Post a Comment