We spent our 4th of July just like pretty much everyone else in the country. While I was out for a morning run, Mark took the boys to get some star shaped Krispy Kreme donuts with red, white and blue sprinkles for breakfast (don't tell me you didn't have the very same patriotic meal). Next we hit the Circle C bike parade followed by some play time at the pool. A few hours later we headed down to Buda to hang out with friends and have a BBQ (thanks Taylors for hosting) and wrapped up the day by watching some fireworks. We packed as much as we possibly could into the day because that's how you show America how much you love it, right? The kids had fun, but they were tired by the end and both of them were asleep before we got out of the parking lot to head home.

Mark and Cooper playin' a little ball...

giving daddy a cookie

wagon rides were a big hit (with the kids - not as much with those of us doing the pulling)

waiting for the fireworks to start.
Seriously, I love this country. It is such a privilege to live here and enjoy the freedoms that we do. Happy Birthday America - you are so worth celebrating!
3 comments:
Ah, good times! Good times! What a fun filled day! I missed seeing fireworks for the first year ever. Can I have a do-over? God Bless the USA! Thanks for keeping the spirit alive!
Love -
California Mudder
Fun times! I love the looks on the faces of the kids when they see the fireworks.
Krispy Kreme has star shaped doughnuts?!! I'll see you there next 4th of July!
Post a Comment