Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Nerd Night"

I've mentioned before that we like to play a game called Settlers of Catan, more specifically Cities and Knights. I know it sounds all Dungeons and Dragons (which is why when we get together to play our friend Naomi jokingly refers to it as "nerd night") but it's really not. It's a thinking game with lots of strategy involved, which is why it appeals to the guys. Maren and I are just along for the ride (meaning the treats and the conversation) and occasionally we get lucky and actually beat them.

Dustin and Maren

Mark trying to show me his serious game face...which just made me laugh.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Vicki said...

This is a darling photo of the two of you! I love this photo!

Anonymous said...

Im thinkin' the Hilton's the Puzey's the Anderson's, a beach house and Nerd Night 2008. Any takers??
Cher

Maren and Dustin said...

If playing Cities and Knights makes me a nerd, then I don't want to be anything else, because this game is so much fun! BTW - you gotta send us those pictures, I'm going to be even more nerdy and scrapbook them!

Kristi said...

Nerd night looks like fun! :) You guys are pretty stinkin cute regardless...but I will say, if you ever play Dungeons and Dragons for real, give me a call :) Now that's a real game.