Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homesick


This is where I grew up - a little place called Skagit Valley. I don't miss it too much (sorry Washington fans, I'm too used to the sun now, I can't give it up) except for this time of year. April is Tulip Festival time. It's been years since I have been able to drive by miles of tulips in bloom. I forget how beautiful it is until I look at my sister's blog (which is where I swiped this picture - thanks Karen) and feel a sudden surge of homesickness.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Hacking it up said...

I'm with you! I love the sun too much to ever go back to Oregon, but I miss the tulip festivals too! So pretty!!!...but not as pretty as the sun...or a tan... :)

Jan said...

Oh, beautiful. I too will never go back to living somewhere without the sun -- but those tulip fields are beautiful!

Vicki said...

I LOVE THE TULIP FESTIVAL! Some of my first good photos were taken there! Unfortunately they will be gone in July!
California Mom

Anonymous said...

I have mixed emotions as well. On the one hand, I see that photo and think "So beautiful. I am homesick."
On the other I see that picture and think "Crap, I've been on the same 200 foot row all day and here comes Leo Roozen!" Oh to be 12 in MV again!
Cher

Kristi said...

Holy Ravioli, that is gorgeous. i wihs we had a Tulip festival!

Kristi said...

That last sentence makes me look special...

Brock Family said...

just so you know, MV is also homesick for Kristen-- we had a family gathering today (not intended to be a salt in wound comment) and you were mentioned (and I do mean positively) probably six times that I heard-- so, you can assume even more that I didn't hear--
and-- by the way-- we had sun here for more than 4 hours in a row today-- lest we let you perpetuate the "no sun" thing further than truly accurate :)
Side-note: we went to Roosengard but they now charge $3.00 for admission-- uh, no, I don't think that I am going to PAY to walk on the same land that I crawled over for years and years to make my $2.00 a row-- not I!