Friday, July 06, 2007

rain, rain go away


STOP the RAIN already!! We are currently on day 45 of the "Texas Rainfestival" - the wettest spring/summer on record in 50 years and I personally am done with it. Since I grew up in Washington you'd think this wouldn't phase me much...but honestly I got my fill in Washington and figured Texas would be as safe a place as any to avoid days and days at a time of rain.
I wish I had fun pictures of our awesome 4th of July...but it rained all day and anything we were planning to go to got cancelled or postponed, so it was pretty much like any old Saturday for us.
Here's what our 4th of July looked like...

Of course with lots of clouds come lots of silver linings, right? Like, we have only needed to water our lawn about 6 or 7 times all year. This whole area which is usually starting to look a little parched and dried out by now is lush, green and beautiful. Our neighborhood isn't affected by all the flooding. And lastly - we are no longer experiencing a drought and have no need to pray for "moisture"...(that one's for you Kristi) presently.
(Today's music...Why Does it Always Rain On Me - Travis)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Thank you for the "insertion" of "moisture" in your blog :) Yuck! The rain and I are no longer on speaking terms...dude, I'm over it.

Unknown said...

ick, no moisture. if you pray to give thanks for it over the pulpit, you'll really be sorry. i'm actually done with this rain, too. i wasn't minding it until the last few days. now i've had my fill. enough.g

Unknown said...

perfect song pick, by the way. love love love travis.