


Since our 4th of July got rained out - which, by the way, I have to say is a new concept to me. I remember a year in Washington when because of the rain no one could keep their matches lit long enough to make it to the wick(?) so my dad was out there in the middle of the cul-de-sac lighting fireworks with a blow torch. Maybe not the smartest idea - I choose to believe that it was just the kind of dedication/determination/ingenuity that our forefathers would be proud of. So, instead of calling it dumb - we'll call it a tribute to the pioneering spirit upon which this country was founded. (Or a bunch of used-to-be-Canadians determined not to let their fireworks go to waste.) ANYWAY...since we didn't get to see any fireworks this year, we decided to head down to San Marcos to catch their display that got rescheduled. We trekked on down there - about a 25 min. drive (hit the outlets because hey, we were already down there, right?) got the kids in their pj's, got the chairs out and waited....finally they started (about 9:35) and by 9:48 we were all buckled in and on our way home. I certainly would NOT have gone through all the effort had I known they were only planning a 10 min. show!! BUT (bottom line) we DID get to see some fireworks which was, after all, the point.

6 comments:
Hey girlie, at least you got to hit the outlet malls. I really thought all the rain was gone and then it rained again today. Oh well. Love the song choice.
man, you guys are seriously committed. maya still hasn't seen fireworks. that's because i like her to be in bed before the sun goes down! :)
That is hilarious that your Dad used a blow-torch--that's the kind of determination I can appreciate! That's too bad the fireworks only lasted 10 minutes, but funny at the same time. :) Hopefully there will be no more rain this week!
I just love fireworks! I'm glad you were able to get an appropriate do-over for your 4th! Isn't this almost the one year anniversary of your blog? As I recall, the first entry you did was of your 4th celebration last year?
That's a cute picture of Mark & the kids, by the way...
Look at Cooper's face -- adorable!
Post a Comment