Friday, April 01, 2011

Austin "Zoo"


We have a "zoo" here in Austin.(I used quotes around zoo because to actually call it a zoo might be offensive to real zoos.)  I think everyone needs to see it at least once. It's so bad it's hilarious. It's a dirt/gravel path that takes you from one ramshackle animal house to another. It's like a run down trailer park...for animals.

{Porter, Hadley, Emmerson and Beckett Strong, David Fik}



It does have a train too - which costs extra and takes you, not around any part of the zoo as one might have imagined, just out into the brush/junk yard adjacent to the zoo.

(I know it sounds like I'm being really critical...but just know that my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek as I say all of this.) 
The important thing is that the kids have no idea...they had fun! 

1 comment:

Allison said...

Trailer park for Animals. That's hilarious! Looks like they did have a great time.