Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cars 2

Last summer Mark's sister suggested that we all go to the El Capitan theatre to see Toy Story 3.  She tried to explain how cool it was but I guess we just didn't get it.  Later I saw pictures on the blog of a friend that had gone and I realized that we MISSED OUT!!  So when we saw that we were going to be in L.A. around the time that Cars 2 came out - we were determined not to make the same mistake twice.
  
Cooper and Piper sportin' their 3D specs
We got to reserve our seats ahead of time and our tickets included popcorn in a souvenir bucket and a drink.
 
After the movied you get to walk across the street to a back lot where you can meet some of the characters...

...play in a play area made entirely out of tires...
...play some midway style games...
...race around the race track... 
 
 
...or build your own Lego car to race down tracks.  Like the pinewood derby - just Lego-style. 
 (We didn't get any good pictures of that) 
But this Lightning McQueen made entirely of Legos was a big hit as well. 
 

2 comments:

Allison said...

So cool! I bet they loved that. :)

vicki said...

This was the best movie situation ever! So much fun! Thanks for taking me!