Thursday, August 05, 2010

Porter's Birthday

I always try to make birthdays an all day fun-o-thon if possible...you only turn {fill in age here} once, right?? I blew up a bunch of balloons and put them in his room while he was sleeping and made a banner in the kitchen...more balloons and had his presents sitting on the table when he woke up. All he said when he got up that morning..."Mom, there are balloons in my room". No excitement, just matter of fact. GOOD thing I stayed up until after midnight for THAT great reaction, right?
We started the day with donuts from our favorite KC Donuts. Chocolate with sprinkles...the ONLY way to go.
Next it was off to the Austin Children's Museum to meet up with some friends and play, play play!
{Porter and Taylor working the train}
{There was more leap frog than actual chess going on here}

{Giant tinker toys...they LOVE to build!}

No comments: