Friday, April 23, 2010

Rainbow cupcakes

A few weeks ago it was our babysitter {Cristina's} birthday and the boys wanted to do something for her. I decided it was the perfect time to try out the rainbow cupcakes I've seen on so many other blogs. The boys loved helping out and they turned out really yummy!!
Porter scooping the batter...
...all of our colors...
...just out of the oven...

...The finished product.
Aren't they cute?? For the frosting I made butter cream frosting but substituted the milk for pureed strawberry. Oh, my! Was that ever yummy!! (I got that idea from Allison, by the way...must give credit where credit is due.)

4 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Mmmm, cupcakes AND strawberry puree! I'm sure they were fabulous, since every treat you make is!

Allison said...

Those look awesome! Good call on the strawberry frosting by the way. Yum!

vicki said...

Wow - I am impressed!

Brock Family said...

YUM! they turned out beautifully-- strawberry puree! were do you get these amazing ideas??