Did you know that Buda is the Weiner Dog capital of Texas? (You're welcome for that useless bit of trivia) Well, every year during "Buda-fest" they have Weiner dog races and a Weiner dog parade. This just seemed like one of those things you've GOT to check out at least once in your life, right?
SO many people enter their dogs that there are a 'bajillion' heats, so we just watched for as long as it kept the boy's interest (about 20 min.)
Go dogs, go!! (It really is pretty funny to watch).Slushies and dancing to country music were the second best part of the day.
We can check that off our list now.





4 comments:
I've heard of this - never attended. Loved the pics - looks like fun to me.
That is awesome! I'm so glad you guys go and check out these fun things. Too funny!
so fun. I never knew Austin had so much 'culture' :)
So funny--Jamie's right, Austin does have a lot of "culture" between Buda-fest and Hula Hut! You should make a list of everything like that down there for us northerners!
Post a Comment