For my birthday dinner this year I was in the mood for some Texas BBQ. And my favorite place to get that?...Rudy's!!

I love the atmosphere. You can eat inside - out on the covered patio or out on their huge back lawn.

I don't normally take pictures of my food at restaurants - but this is for all you poor souls who don't live in Texas (or who haven't come to visit yet). This is how it's done y'all - brisket, sausage links, creamed corn, beans and red potatoes (that I'm pretty sure are actually boiled in butter). You are given your food in a "crate" and your "plates" are sheets of butcher paper. You really need to experience it - come on out - we'll treat!

And dinner is ALWAYS followed by a game of tag on the back lawn.
Good times! Happy birthday to me.

I love the atmosphere. You can eat inside - out on the covered patio or out on their huge back lawn.

I don't normally take pictures of my food at restaurants - but this is for all you poor souls who don't live in Texas (or who haven't come to visit yet). This is how it's done y'all - brisket, sausage links, creamed corn, beans and red potatoes (that I'm pretty sure are actually boiled in butter). You are given your food in a "crate" and your "plates" are sheets of butcher paper. You really need to experience it - come on out - we'll treat!

And dinner is ALWAYS followed by a game of tag on the back lawn.
Good times! Happy birthday to me.

8 comments:
Oh, we LOVE Rudy's! It's been a while - maybe it's time for another visit! Yummy! And it looks like you had a great BD!
I can taste that yummy cream corn now - that is awesome stuff. Whoever hasn't come down to visit you - you need to send them some cream corn to entice them to the rest of Rudy's! I love it every time and the game of tag in the back is so fun too!
Looks delish. I wish so much that I could have gone w/Russ to see you! I'm glad you had a good time. (By the way--WHAT are your beauty secrets? You look EXACTLY the SAME as you did however many years ago that was when you were my roomie. SO cute!!)
That looks yummy! I am so glad your birthday was a fun day! Miss you!
You do a birthday up right!
Maybe I will spend my next one there at the Texas BBQ with you.
Anyway, hope your 25th (wink) was a good one :)
Hey--hope you had a fantastic birthday! We miss you guys and your cute boys! Hopefully, we'll find a way to see you all sooner than later!
What a great way to celebrate. Hope you had an awesome birthday!
Can we come visit? I'm sure that food isn't part of my new "diet" but hey... I will be on vacation!
Post a Comment