Mark called into a sports talk radio show (who does that?...right?) and won tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters. A week or so later they called back and told him that he was the "grand prize" winner. Instead of the 4 tickets that he had previously won - we got 10 tickets to a suite, parking passes and at half time we were escorted down to the locker room area to meet "Big Easy". We took our friends the Lafebers and the Jones'. The boys loved watching the "silly basketball". ( I loved the free diet coke, comfy chairs and private bathroom.) Everyone had a great time. Way to go Mark!


During the second half they had Mack Brown (UT head football coach) come down and run some plays with them.. Pretty entertaining.


4 comments:
That is so cool. Who seriously calls into radio stations? Mark, I guess. And the Jones's look so cute- their baby is so big!
How cool is Mark? How do you know what number to call? I guess I don't pay attention to what the people are saying (plus, the kids cd's with silly songs don't have too many call-in opportunities!)
Yep, COOL! Looks like you got yourself a good one, KJ. (Husband, that is.) Way fun.
That's awesome! Plus I just made the connection: you're friends with Miss Stacy, the Pottery Barn Kids storytime lady. Small (lds) world.
Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment