Thursday, November 13, 2008

For pack meeting this month we did a Rain Gutter Regatta (I'm the committee chair and Mark is the Webelos leader for those of you wondering why I'm going to pack meeting when my boys are clearly not old enough). I needed to do a trial run on our juice box boats and make sure they would work ahead of time, so we had some races of our own one night. They were such a hit with Cooper that we made them at preschool the next day and the kids raced boats during their playtime (well, until Porter decided to get in the water and sit down right in the middle...so it goes). If you want a fun easy and quick project for your little kiddos at home you can find the instructions here.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

The Amayesings said...

Go cub scouts! Did you ever dream in a million years that you'd be a cub scout anything? I know I didn't, and yet there I was at pack meeting every month. Ca-razy!

Looks like you had fun. Cute pics of the pumpkin festivities too!

Shirley said...

What a great idea!!! Looks like a fun time was had by all.
Love, Mum

melissa walker said...

Nice job Hilton Family--I'm gearing up to be in cub scouts when Matt gets there next spring--I'll call you for ideas!

Jan said...

You guys are the best. You really are! I love it that not only did you get those boys excited about it at cubs, you got your own excited too. Love it!!

Unknown said...

how fun! you 're full of good ideas.

Anonymous said...

how fun, I think I will do that with the kiddos. p.s. I love you long hair, you are rockin'.

The Lewis Family said...

What a great idea! I am filing that one away. I we, as a family, combined all our ideas and experience, we could do amazing things!!

Kristi said...

Those are awesome!!!! What a cute idea...you are one fun Mom.