Monday, September 01, 2008

Why I Love Boys

Cooper and Porter are FINALLY at an age where they can play together...sort of. Not to say that there isn't a fair amount of refereeing needed in order for 'playing together' to not end in injury. The other day they were superheros - they ran around the house, they "flew", they shot lasers they did karate chops on "bad guys" (the couch and the chair) and each and every move was preceded by a "Mom, you gotta see this!" Pretty fun stuff.

Showing "Buzz" how to use his laser.

"Flying"

Pulling together.

"Dash" showing me how fast he can run.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

you've definitely got some good boys at your house! cuties! :)

Shirley said...

How fun!!! Never a dull moment at your house - right!!! Treasure them, it's amazing how fast it goes.

Love, Mom

Jan said...

How fun is this? These pictures are making me laugh. Those 2 boys are adorable!

Vicki said...

My HEROS! I feel so much safer now knowing these two super heros are on the job. What characters your boys are. I wonder where they get it?????
Love -
Calif Momma

Anonymous said...

hey kristen, no I no who to call when the "bad guys" invade our house.

Anonymous said...

I have been hanging on to all Zac's old Buzz Lightyear toys hoping you might want them. You just have to come and get 'em :D (please?)
CHER

Natalie Scott said...

Your boys seem to be a LOT like my boys at that age. Mine are growing out of all the superhero stuff now, but they basically lived in their costumes (and went around EVERYWHERE in capes) for years. They especially loved Superman and Dash (anything that goes fast was a huge hit!) I miss it...enjoy it!

Maren and Dustin said...

Who says boys can't have fun and play dress-up? Those are some funny pictures. I also enjoyed the Jedi action (way to battle the Dark Side- A.K.A. Mark)

Sara said...

They are adorable. I told David I wouldn't mind if the rest of our kids are boys (that's coming from me who has 4 brothers so it seems normal to me that ruby would be the princess of the family)

I like your halloween ideas! let me know if you have more. I figure next year I might not be able to convince max to do a 'cutesy' costume so i gotta do it while i can. I thought maybe Raggedy Ann and Andy, but I don't know, is that mean to make Max dress up like a DOLL? ;)

Sara said...

p.s. i just finished cleaning the house (minus the laundry, but that's another story)

Lena said...

I'm impressed...there were no pictures with tears! I love it when the kids play happily together, it's one of the feel good moments (not sure if that's because I can feel the love, or because I can get something done!)

Kristi said...

Look at those cuties!! I think your boys are adorable :)

Anonymous said...

I love their costumes! And I"m so glad my kids aren't the only ones constantly dressing up. Oh the fun Luke and Cooper would have :( Your boys are darling!

Angela Harris said...

Oh my goodness. They look so cute. Saw your blog from 100 percent cottam. My son would love to be ither of those characters:)