Thursday, November 29, 2007

Road Trip


The trip to Atlanta (and back again) was LONG. We left Friday night and got as far as Shereveport, and then went the rest of the way the next day. I tried to plan ahead - I bought some new books, a new movie for the DVD player and lots of snacks which helped, but it was hard for the kids to be in the car that long. There were, of course, a few fights and fits (mostly the kids) but overall they were better than I expected.
By the way the blue mouth on Cooper is from a blue ring pop (a treat from Natalie's birthday extravaganza).

Even though I had almost had it with Cooper trying to get out of his seatbelt on the way home I had to keep from laughing when Mark pulled out the ol' "Do I need to pull this car over?" line on him.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love the blue mouths -- and that's long drive. (I'm sure that isn't news to you!)

Unknown said...

road trips with kids are NOT so much fun. but i'm glad you guys made it out mostly sane. :)

Maren and Dustin said...

Wow, I love that you guys do this kind of stuff, even if it is hard for the kids (and subsequently, you.) That trip is killer, but it looks like it was worth it!