
Ok, this is a couple of weeks late, but I did also read Eclipse. I'm going to Atlanta next week and my sisters have already read all three, so I figured I'd better get caught up so no one has to worry about spoiling anything for me. I have to say that Bella (the main character) is my LEAST favorite of all the characters. (I'm sure I would like her more if I were actually a member of the "target audience" since it is, after all, "youth fiction") but I think this is the first time that I have really enjoyed a book without liking the main character all that much. Having said that, I think it was great. I can't wait for the next one to come out. But I also feel compelled to read something with a little more "meat" to it next. These books are like "reading junk food". So yummmy and fun to indulge, but you need to mix them in with something that has a little more substance...or a lot more.

3 comments:
Sounds like Eclipse is worth reading--even if Bella is in it! :) I need to get busy and check it out...thanks for the review! Have a great time on your trip--live it up, girl ;)
Please, could someone kill Bella? Someone? Please?
I just finished book three. Let me first say that I have never read ANY book with as many typos and grammatical errors as those 3 books. All of them!
I had to pain through Eclipse. I'm so bugged at how selfish Bella is. I don't buy all that sobbing drama over Jacob when she is engaged to someone else (even if he is a vampire!) Why do either of those boys like her??? I don't get it. She's horrible to both of them. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm fiercly loyal and can't imagine ever being that in love with 2 people at the same time or even finding that intense love twice in a lifetime let alone by the time your 18. I mean give me a break.
I will continue to read the books because I'm too committed to drop out now but I really hope both boys dump her in the next one, but then I'd have to listen to her whine and cry through the whole book because she's lonely so maybe not....At this point I couldn't care less who she ends up with...maybe the volturi will kill her off and put me out of my misery:)
Phew. I feel better after getting that out. You can tell how boring my life is by how passionate I feel about this book. LOL
Becky
Post a Comment