Friday, June 01, 2007

Horseshoe Bay




For Memorial Day weekend we decided to take a little trip to Horseshoe Bay. It's a little resort town about 45 min. out of Austin. It was SO pretty out there. It's right on Lake LBJ and there are tons and tons of wildflowers there and all along the way right now. We stayed at the Marriott - they had a great pool, great grounds to walk around, beautiful putting course...but they also had movies all day and arts and crafts for the kids and we even had an Elvis impersonator singing to us at the pool for a couple of hours one day. I think one of Cooper's favorite parts was the cookies they put out in the lobby every day around 4. They were sugar cookies in the shape of texas with colored sugar to make it look like the Texas flag. (I dare you to find a cookie cutter in the shape of any other state). They were yummy! Porter couldn't get enough of the kiddie pool with the little fountains coming out of the ground. If I decided we were done and tried to go sit in my chair he would just wiggle his way down and start crawling back in the direction of the kiddie pool.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Of course there were cookies in the shape of Texas! I mean, good luck finding a sugar cookie in any other shape :) What a fun trip.