Sunday, February 21, 2010

LEGO birthday party

I have had a lot of fun putting some of Cooper's parties together. I love to take the chosen theme and find lots of creative and fun games, treats and prizes. This year, with a newborn, it was kind of a half effort - but it turned out just fine.
Cooper wanted a LEGO party this year (surprise). There isn't much in the stores to do a LEGO party with. But here's what I came up with.

I covered the tables with a solid color table cloth (one red, one blue) and put plates the of the same color on each so the tables looked like big legos (though I'm not sure any of the kids picked up on that)

I made some sugar cookies and frosted them to look like tiny legos (using mini m&m's) for the cake. I also made some bigger ones (using regular m&m's) on sticks.


And then I got a couple of different Star Wars Lego character key chains for the treat bags.


Maybe not my best effort but Cooper loved all of it!...Mission accomplished.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

u r the CUTEST mom ever

Sara said...

are you kidding? that's your half effort? i love the cake and lego cookies -- genius!

Maren and Dustin said...

The Lego cookies are awesome!!!!! I'm all for less effort, more fun. Kids don't seem to be able to tell anyway! :)

melissa walker said...

Wow--I can't believe you still made all of those cookies and a cute cake with a newborn! I would have ordered everything and then really not done a thing!

Allison said...

Maybe not your best effort? What?! I love it! You are so creative and fun. I love the lego cookies!