Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Countdown

Since we're staying at home for Christmas this year (for the first time since Mark and I got married)...I decided we needed some fun Christmas activities to help pass the time (not that I needed anything to help the time go by - what with trying to get ready for Christmas AND a new baby at the same time...what were we thinking!!!)

I had the boys paint a big tree. Then we painted 25 red ornaments and made designs on them with glitter. Next, I wrote an activity on the back of each ornament and we put them on the tree. Then we put the whole thing on the wall and the boys got to pull one off every day and see what activity we would be doing that day. It was fun. I think I'll do it again next year (with a few minor tweeks)
The finished product (minus a few ornaments...I didn't take the picture until a few days later)

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Love this idea!!! What kind of activities did you do? I would have a hard time coming up with 25!!!

Vicki said...

This was over the top cute! Very, very smart idea! Looks like it was just way too much fun!