They keep the rooms at about 9 degrees so when you go in there they give each person a parka to wear. I'm not going to lie to you - we all looked amazingly cute in our parkas -- they were full length shiny gold with black western design patches at the shoulders. I'm just sorry I don't have any pictures of us in them for you to see. (Steph has some good ones though...check it out)Actually, we drove 15 hours to get from Atlanta to Grapevine and when we got there at 1 in the morning, the boys (who had been snoozin' in the back seat) decided it was time to be up for awhile. It was just before 3 when they both finally got to sleep. Then bright and early at 6 Porter woke up and was ready for the day. So there was one picture of us in our parkas that the hotel took, but we chose not to buy it since Mark and I both looked as pale as the sculptures around us with giant dark circles and bags under our eyes. I guess you'll just have to imagine it.
Here are a few more of the amazing ice sculptures we saw.




4 comments:
ICE ICE Baby! It looks just a bit chilly, but it also looks like a don't miss - glad you captured these shots for us! Nice job!
California Momma
This is something I think we need to check into next year. It looks amazing.
This looks awesome! We might have to go to this next year--how fun!
Hey Kristen! Welcome back!! I'm so glad you made it to the "Ice!" exhibit at the Gaylord! Isn't it just so cool?...literally as well...we took the Fullers with us...and for those who just can't picture what the lovely Parkas looked like...I've got pics. of them posted on my blog...pretty...Next year, we'll all have to go together!
Post a Comment