Hurray! I love this time of year...putting up the tree and the lights and hanging the stockings. We put the tree up on the 1st. Cooper insisted on putting the star on right away...which was just as well. I know my boys well enough to know that having them help with all the decorations was going to require more patience than I was willing to muster up that night. So once the star was on they went to bed and I put the decorations up. The next day I gave them each a box of candy canes and let them put those on the tree. (See if you can tell which ones Porter did...and by the way - I didn't rearrange them, they still look like that).

Cooper got straight to work and had all of his up in about 2 min.

Porter's placement was more a "labor of love"...or maybe it just took him so long because he only had one hand (notice he still has to have the blue gun at all times)

Hee hee. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.
7 comments:
That is so fun! That last picture made me laugh out loud! Good times!
I LOVE the candy cane placement! And the blue gun in the other hand? Go Porter! Still smiling.
I love the whole box of candy canes and the bottom of the tree...
How adorable - my kids missed out on this part of Christmas! Being a professional tree decorator they didn't get the "home" Christmas tree and I regret it like crazy! Good for you guys! I have little trees for the kids to decorate when they get here and they can do them daily, if they want.
Yeah - you are all coming to town!
California Mom
HAHAHA! I love it! I keep finding bare spots at the bottom of our tree. I think things get pulled off and then put somewhere else?!?
Your card is cute. I think I have the same sweater you are wearing. O.N.? Great taste!
I love that Porter put all those candy canes in one spot--he's just smart is all.
The bottom picture has to be my favorite Christmas picture of 2008. It is so funny!! I think I have showed it to everyone I know.
Post a Comment