Thursday, September 11, 2008
Kristen and the horrible, terrible no good, very bad day...
Ok, so maybe it wasn't THAT bad. Let's just say that it's never a good day when when the doctor tells me he would be happy to put a staple or two in Porter's head to help lessen the width of the (inevitable) scar, but he would also be ok without them - it was up to me. {FYI - Since there will be a scar either way and because it's on the top of his head where his hair will cover it, I opted for NO staples in my baby's head - thank you anyway}. Maybe after a full night's rest I'll be a little more willing to try to understand Cooper's reasoning for throwing a plate at his brother's head...(or maybe I'll just let that one go...is there really such a thing as 4 year old reasoning???) Right now I'm just glad to be heading to bed and putting this day behind me...but not before I thank Heavenly Father that it wasn't any worse than it was and ask for a better day tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Sounds like quite a day -- I'm sorry! I hate those kinds of days. I think your decision on the staples/no staples issue was the right one - and I hope today is a much quieter, sweeter day for you.
Poor baby! I hate it when they hurt each other (although it is comforting to know that it's not just mine that do!). We have yet to rush to the ER but I'm sure it's just a matter of time! Hope today is better for you!
At least life is never dull!!! And, of course, you're told to cherish these years because they go by so quickly.... and I'm afraid it's true!!! So, cherish the good days and the "horrible, terrible, no good, etc." days!
Love, Mom
Ouch! My poor Porter little guy! I am sorry you had such a tough day! Good way to vent it out! You are right to give thanks that it wasn't worse, because we all know it could have easily have been. Take care Kristen!
Love -
California Mom
sorry about the bloody head wound. you guys look great, cooper in preschool? that is so fun. I think you should have cooper take care of changing the bandages and applying ointment, would that teach him something? :)
That sounds as bad or worse then the day Hunter dropped a truck hitch on his big toe. I know it was broken but they couldn't do anything for it so for two weeks he either hopped or walked on the side of his foot. Now the doctor says it will always be a little bigger then the other. OH WELL!!!
It is always so hard when of our babies gets hurt but as Hunter always says remember Jesus will heal me.
I'm so sorry you had a horrible, terrible day...poor Porter!!! I feel for him. And kids really keep. I hope today goes better for you. You deserve a good day :) Take care, my dear.
Whoa, staples? Do they still use those things in human flesh? Sorry to hear about that. And we may never know why one kid does something to another. Today I caught Carson dropping a ball onto Jensen's head, just to watch it bounce off. Ahhh, brothers show love in funny ways.
aww, SUCKS! i'm so sorry. i'm also glad it wasn't worse. poor li'l guy.
Oh Porter! And oh Kristen, how traumatic! Thank heavens his hair will cover the scar. I'm sure in time you won't even notice it. What a horrible day for sure. At least you know the next day can't get any worse.
I guess that's what happens when you have boys! They get hurt, ALOT! What have you been up to? Haven't seen/talked to you in forever! Hope all is well!
Well crap...at least he didn't throw a knife... :)
I hate going to the ER...Hope he's doing better!! (you too!)..that takes years off of your life...
Glad to know we all have days like this but sorry for you! Chin up tomorrow is a new day!
Oh life....
with kids....
Post a Comment