Friday, August 01, 2008

Raspberry Jam (Day 9)

One thing I wanted to do while I was at home was learn to make jam. Not just any ol' jam...jam made from raspberries from my dad's garden. But the cousins routinely pick those clean so we headed out to the Richeson's Farm - which I'm always up for anyway. Ron and Karren are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and that farm has lots and lots of memories for me since my parents have been friends with them since I was about 2.
Thank you Missy for showing me how to do it! Now I just need some bread that is 'worthy' enough...Great Harvest - here I come!

Cooper and Parker picking berries.

Helping stir the jam.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Maren and Dustin said...

Ooh, I hope you got to bring some of your hard (and delicious) work home with you! I love homemade jam, there's nothing like it.

Vicki said...

How fun and what a cute photo of you and Cooper. Allen and I used to make jam all the time - strawberry, apricot/pineapple and raspberry - I loved it! Nothing like those beautiful jars all lined up with their gorgeous fruit in them. It just always amazed me how much sugar goes into jam though. But we love homemade jams!
What a fun experience to have with your kids.

It will be awesome on those fabulous crepes Mark makes too!

California "berry picking" Mom

Unknown said...

What fun! I learned jam making from Kym although I'd have to bone up on it if I wanted to do it again.

Now don't take this the wrong way but I think you resemble Diane Lane in this picture. And I mean that as a compliment. A young Diane Lane. It's the updo, I think.

Heidi said...

I am sooo jealous! I love raspberry anything, but especially in jam! I'm thinking about trying to make some apricot freezer jam! I'll let you know if I actually do it!

Anonymous said...

Kris you look so pretty :)
Cher

Jan said...

Beautiful pics of you (I agree with the above comment!) -- and how fun to make your own fresh jam.

Hacking it up said...

Wow you little Martha!!! You've been busy!! You're awesome!! I want to be like you when I grow up! :)

Wendy said...

Looks like fun!