
I think I might be one of the last people in the world ("the world" meaning my friends/family) to read this book, but I finished it last night. So here's my take: It definitely appealed to my inner 17 year old. I was much more fascinated by the vampire parts than the love story bit. But overall - a fun bit of light reading -- very engaging and hard to put down (esp after "James" hit the scene...which happened for me, unfortunately, around 11:30 last night - so I, of course, had to find out what happened with that and couldn't put it down until I was done...a little after 1:00). Which leads me to a new discovery I've made. I go through phases where I don't read anything for a several months and I just figured out why that is. I get so into books that I can't put them down. I read Harry Potter in 2 1/2 days...this one (Twilight) in 1...I go on reading "benders" and I think after a few of those I look at the disarray I have created in my life and swear off books for awhile. I need a few lessons in moderation - which would also come in handy in one or two other areas of my life as well...say chocolate consumption for example??
I'm starting New Moon next...I guess if I write about it before Thursday we'll know how I'm doing on the whole "moderation" thing.
P.S. Cheryl - this song is just for you baby!

10 comments:
i'm the same way when i read. i stay up all night, i rush through, and probably don't enjoy it as much as i would if i just paced myself. it's hard, when you've got a good book in your hands! ;)
Sister--don't feel too bad. You're not alone. :) I go through the same thing. Moderation: not really one of my strong points. Now laziness, on the other hand, is where I excel. I'm glad you liked Twilight... :)
I meant "sister" as in "sistah," not as in you are my literal sister, as I know you have your own sisters who check your blog and probably think I'm retarded for writing that...ok: no more comments from Kristi.
Yeah--I do that too with reading. I got all three books on Saturday and was done by lunch on Monday. We'll have to discuss when you're finished!
Kristi - check yourself girl! You're too funny! You can be my siter OR my sistah...I know your mother is.
I didn't check my email, cook dinner, answer the phone or bathe my kids (or myself)for a few days while I was reading Deathly Hallows. L-O-S-E-R!
Kris...
Thanks for the shout out and the hardcore flashback to 1992.
I too, as you know, am ridiculously smitten with the Twilight books. I just finished the 3rd and I'm reading them all again just to get to hang out with Edward a little longer.
Sweet, Kristen! Your Mom is my sister, too...except your Mom probably reads this and is like, "Who is this annoying girl..." :)
just keep telling yourself..."Hey, it's not like it's an entire batch of cookie dough..." it's all in your view of the world/reality...
I have wanted to read this, maybe you can loan it to me. I always return things and I try not to get bodily fluids on them. WINK. Thats what visiting teachers are for, right?
Post a Comment