I saw the movie in the store the other day and since I have never seen it, I decided I should, but I wanted to read the book again first. I picked it up and (of course) couldn't put it down. Who can say enough good about Jane Austen? It's always hard, for the first couple of chapters, to get yourself into the old english style writing. But once you do, you become immersed in it and you find yourself wanting to say things like "this is all quite vexing" in your everyday life. Which is a refreshing change from "that pisses me off" - but it certainly "marks you as something of an oddity". The movie was great - I loved it! (You just have to ignore Ewan McGregor's crazy-ugly scarecrow hair. What was up with that??)
So the very next night it was time to start reading Harry. Again, another "can't put down" book, only worse - way worse -this time. Luckily I finished it after only 2 nights of staying up until 1:30. I don't think I could have handled one more. After finishing it - I really only have 2 complaints 1. I would have liked a longer, more detailed epilouge 2. No more Harry Potter books! I guess I'll just have to start again at 1 and read them throught again. Both Mark and I realized that there are a lot of things happening in the other books that you think don't really mean anything - and then you know in this last one, why she said them. I think that if I read them all again I would notice things that I hadn't before. Anyway...good stuff! And I'm back!...until I pick up my copy of Twighlight...




4 comments:
how much do i love emma?! i just saw that there is a bbc version of emma, and i'm totally all over that.
I heart Emma, too. And all things Jane. I think Gwyneth does a fabulous job, too (and Amen sistah to Ewan's hair-don't. Barf!). Harry P--I felt the same way "I cannot stay up late to read this one more night." I'm going to miss Harry...You crack me up, Kristen.
Love love love the music of the day. You are the best.
I'll mail you my copy of twilight and you can get sucked right into that too!
Post a Comment