Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bear rules.



Lately, Mark and I have been hooked on Man vs. Wild. Our friends Nolan and Kristi told us about it. If you haven't checked it out yet, we highly recommend it. Luckily for us there have been a few all-day marathons on the Discovery channel, so we recorded a bunch and have been watching almost every night. They don't come any cooler than Bear Grylls. Thanks to him I now know just what to do if I'm ever dropped in the middle of nowhere with only a water bottle, a knife and a flint. Oh, by the way - if you happen to know Kurt Williams - his impression of Bear is hilarious. You've got him "spot on" mate!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I heart Bear. We love that show too and totally want to go backpacking with him anywhere!

Jan said...

We've watched this too -- pretty fun!

Unknown said...

yeah, nolan was telling chris he would like it. i'm assuming kristi knows me well enough to know that it's so not my thing! :)

melissa walker said...

My only problem is that I don't carry a knife and flint with me. He needs to show me what to do without those tools!

Kristen said...

Maybe you should start carrying a flint in your purse, Missy!...or better yet, if you caught him on Oprah - he told people how to use tampons, lipstick and a pocket mirror to help out in survival situations.

Unknown said...

I've watched the show before and told Rick about it. I wonder sometimes when he's out there how much of those encounters are staged. I mean, what's the likelihood that he was actually attacked by sharks and run down by a grizzly bear. And he talks of loneliness but he has to have a camera crew out there with him half the time anyway.

However, because of Bear, I know how to bake a fish in the wild and that worms are 80% protein. His parents were clairvoyant in naming him "Bear" that's for sure.

melissa walker said...

Do you think he can tell me what to do with a plastic baggie of toddler snacks, a diaper, wipes, a matchbox car, and a polly pocket? That's what I carry around with me! Lipstick and a mirror? That's only if I have my non-kid purse!

Anonymous said...

I would leave a comment but I see that you are inundated with them (ha). Alas... my poor blog never inspires a reaction like this. Way to go Kris!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Kurt loves that show. I think he'd be Bear if he could. We just watched the shark one. That is pretty crazy stuff.

Kasey said...

Thanks for the review. We'll have to check it out. I know Michael would love it.

Kristi said...

We love this show--I just think he's adorable, too, after I saw him on Oprah. I mean, if the man can show you how to survive using a tampon, then he knows his stuff, ya know? I just have a teeny crush on him--good post :)